Dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Boris Alexandrovich FILIPOV…
Published: 11.03.2021, 16:03 | Author: glavred
March 11, 2021 – 100th anniversary of Filippov Boris Alexandrovich, director of the institute from 1977 to 1986, candidate of technical sciences, winemaker and champagne.
Boris Alexandrovich Filippov was born on March 11, 1921 in the city of Mineralnye Vody, Stavropol Territory. He graduated from high school in 1939 and entered the Dnepropetrovsk Mining Institute, but in September of that year he was drafted into the army. He served in the Far East, and in May 1941 he was transferred to the western border in the Lviv region.
From the first day of the Great Patriotic War he took part in the fighting and in July 1941 was seriously wounded. By 1943, B.O. Filippov was treated in hospitals, after which he was demobilized.
After graduating from the Krasnodar Institute of Food Industry (Faculty of Wine Technology) in 1948, he was sent to the Leningrad Champagne Factory as an engineer-technologist, then appointed head of the shop.
In 1951 Filippov BO works as a chief engineer of the Odessa Champagne Factory, and since 1973 – heads this plant. Borys Oleksandrovych worked at the Odessa Champagne Factory for 26 years. Without leaving work, he completed postgraduate studies at VNDIViV “Magarach”, prepared and in 1965 successfully defended his dissertation for the degree of candidate of technical sciences.
Under the guidance and with the direct participation of B.O. Filippova carried out a lot of work on the reconstruction and technical re-equipment of the plant, the introduction of a new technology for the production of champagne, which was recognized as an invention. In the same areas, the plant has increased production by almost six times. In terms of equipment, technology, production culture and product quality, the Odessa Champagne Factory has taken a leading place among the enterprises of the wine industry of the former USSR.
Thus, the appointment of B.O. Filippova director of the established research and production association was not accidental: a highly qualified winemaker, an excellent organizer, a determined leader who has modern management methods, had to implement a new form of integration of science and production.
With the arrival of Filippov BO in UkrNDIViV them. V.Ye. Tairov there were significant changes in its structure: laboratories of microbiology, wine chemistry were created, a group of mechanization of winemaking was organized. To strengthen the connection between science and production, the implementation of scientific developments was created as soon as possible. The director made a lot of efforts to strengthen the material and technical base of structural units of NGOs. In just two years, the institute received five complete import laboratories, an experimental Czech glass winery. An experimental workshop of the mechanization department was built and put into operation.
On the initiative of BO Filippov on the basis of the institute was established Center for clone and phytosanitary breeding, began construction of a laboratory-greenhouse complex. The material and technical base of nursery state farms of NGOs was systematically strengthened. Vaccination complexes were reconstructed in all farms, and in state farms “Bilyaivsky” and them. О.В. Suvorov built new ones with modern storage for vines.
The Institute has established creative and business relations with related institutions in Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Russia, which has contributed to the introduction of new varieties, technologies, machines, research methods.
A lot of attention B.O. Filippov devoted to the social sphere: 7.2 thousand m2 of housing, three kindergartens, two canteens, a modern powerful boiler house were built in the village at a rapid pace, which removed the issue of providing heat and hot water to the institute and residential buildings. Borys Oleksandrovych paid a lot of attention to the improvement of the territory of the village, despite his disability, he personally took part in all subbotniks and other events.
The government awarded Filippov BO 4 orders and 6 medals. The Institute under his leadership was awarded the Diploma of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
In 1986, B.O. Filippov retired, but continued to work at the Odessa Academy of Food Technologies, the Odessa Champagne Factory, and the Niva Research and Production Winery. He did not miss the institute, often came with ideas and suggestions for improving the technology of wine production, publishing, participated in tastings.
Borys Oleksandrovych passed away on April 12, 2010.
To the 100th anniversary of the birth of B.O. Filippov in the NSC “IViV them. V.Ye. Tairov ”a bibliographic index of the scientist’s scientific works for 1951–1986 and a book exhibition of his printed works were prepared. The bright memory of Boris Alexandrovich will forever remain in our hearts and will be an example for many generations.